COVID-19 & Your Move
Our #1 goal at My Guys Moving & Storage is your safety and the safety of our crew. To assure everyone’s well-being during these unprecedented times, we offer you the following guidelines:
- We will remain open as state guidelines permit as moving, storage and warehouse distribution has been deemed an “essential service” by the Governor. Moving has also been deemed an essential service by the Virginia Movers and Warehouseman Association.
- We will provide the ability for you to show us your home furnishings via online streaming through your cell phone, thereby eliminating a home visit by one of our employees or we can still do an in home estimate. Download iMover for video survey
- We will immediately call you if we are unable to perform your move within the next few days.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- All employees who exhibit symptoms are asked to stay at home.
- We will use an infrared thermometer to take the temperatures of all employees before they start work.
- We will continually wash our hands.
- We will thoroughly clean and disinfect all trucks and equipment every morning and throughout the day. Hand sanitizer is placed in each truck and our crew will sanitize before each job.
- We can perform moves with gloves and face masks upon request.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
- Let us know immediately if you or anyone in your home is sick.
- Turn on the lights in all rooms so we do not have to touch any light switches.
- Wipe down any surface that our crew may come in contact with in your home as well as furnishings.
- Provide our crew access to a sink, soap and paper towels, as well as a lavatory to use during our time in your home.
We know that your move is important to you, and it is to us as well. We will do all in our power to make it smooth.
Dave Tindall, My Guys Moving & Storage
COVID-19 Customer Review
One customer wrote us a letter to thank us for the precautions we took during their move. We are proud to offer safe and reliable service during this uncertain time.
My wife and I would like to thank you for the outstanding job your crew did in moving
us on Friday, May 8. The men arrived on time, and immediately began laying down
ground cloths and protective pads on our doorways, to prevent damage to our former home.
After a walk-through, they began to load up their truck. My wife and I left a short time later to
move clothing to our new home, and when we returned, we found the men had made good
progress in loading the truck. The crew even loaded my generator, power washer and a cast
iron love seat into my pickup truck. We appreciated this extra service.
As the crew finished loading their truck, they asked me to walk through the house to make
sure nothing was left behind and there was no damage to the building. I appreciated this
After a short break for lunch, the crew arrived at our new home and again laid down floor
protection and pads on the doorways. They asked where items were to be placed, and were
willing to move a couple of items a second time when we changed our minds about where they
should go. When the work was all finished, I was again invited to inspect the truck to be sure
nothing was left behind.
There were two additional courtesies that were extended to us, that really made our experience
a positive one. First, in this time of the pandemic, your men were careful to maintain a safe
distance from my wife and I. We are both in our 70’s and have chronic health issues that
make us very susceptible to infection, so we appreciated their concern for our health. The
second courtesy involved sending a 2-man crew to move two identical 7-foot armoires that
ended up in the wrong rooms. We didn’t know how we were going to move them, so I left a
message on your answering machine on Sunday. Your company’s willingness to send a crew to
straighten out our problem (for a very reasonable fee,) reinforced our conclusion that we had
hired an outstanding moving company.“