Moving from Richmond to New Jersey
Partner with My Guys Moving & Storage of Richmond for your move and rest easy throughout the entire process knowing that your items are well taken care of. Our white-glove, full-service moves are matched with professional customer care designed for your ease. We have a tried and true formula, perfectly designed for a streamlined and effective move, that we have built through our experience dating all the way back to 1983.
Our Virginia to New Jersey Moving Services
In order to give you the best move possible, we offer a wide range of services. This is to match the unpredictability of long-distance moves. When moving out of state, you have to be prepared for anything, which is why it is so important to partner with a full-service moving company like My Guys Moving & Storage of Richmond.
In order to be there for your move, no matter what you need, we offer the following services:
- We handle long-distance moving for residential moves, such as houses, apartments or condos, as well as commercial moves, such as offices, retail stores, or factories.
- Our packing and unpacking services are built with the convenience of your move and the security of your items in mind.
- You can store your items with us during your move using our warehouse storage. We have a number of security measures in place to make certain the safety of your belongings. These include climate control, 24/7 surveillance, and more.
- Our crew is trained to expertly handle specialty moving. Some examples include antiques moving, senior moving, and last-minute moving.
We understand from our experience the need to have services that can be tailored to your move. That is why, with My Guys Moving & Storage of Richmond, we will work with you to determine exactly what you need, and can even alter our services during the moving process to fit any changes that occur.
Comparing Richmond and Newark
When moving from Richmond to New Jersey, it’s important to understand the differences that you will find in your new home state. To avoid discrepancies caused by comparing a city and a state, we put together this list comparing Richmond and Newark:
- State Income Rate: When living in New Jersey, you can expect a much higher individual income tax. According to the Tax Foundation, the top individual tax rate in New Jersey is 10.75%, while it is only 5.75% in Virginia.
- Home Costs: Expect to pay more for the same when buying a home in Newark. The median home price is $408,152 while it is $327,746 in Richmond.
- Climate: Look into buying a new winter coat, as Newark is home to colder temps than you are used to in Richmond. While there is some snow every year in Richmond, you can expect more than double that amount in Newark.
Hopefully, this gives you a picture of some of the key points of differentiation that you can expect for your move. Be sure to consider these as you plan your move and your budget.
Get Your Free Long-Distance Moving Estimate
Don’t just take our word for it that we’re the best moving company for your Richmond to New Jersey move, just look at what the experts say, there is a reason why we have been named the Best Mover in Richmond by R-Homes Magazine for 12 years and have been named the Best Richmond Mover by Richmond-Times Dispatch twice.
Always go with a moving company that is fully licensed and fully insured. We are proud to say that our USDOT number is 70719 and that we have both General Liability and Workers Comp.
For any questions, or to speak with one of our representatives about your long-distance move, reach out to us at (804) 744-2400. If you’re looking to request your free moving estimate, you can do so via our online form.