Help Picking a Mover in Richmond, VAChoosing a mover can seem like a daunting thing to some people, especially if you haven’t moved before, but we promise it isn’t difficult at all! The following tips should help you in finding and selecting the right mover for your job:
Compare More than One MoverAs with most things, shopping around to find the company that best suits your needs is a great idea. You should compare the companies and make sure to check on certain things such as:
- See what exclusive services each moving company offers, such as do they do storage and packing? Will they assist you with disassembly and reassembly of your furniture and beds?
- Do they have any hidden costs or fees? Some companies charge extra for shrink wrapping furniture or using materials to pack items. Make sure you double check that there are no hidden costs!
- What kind of insurance is offered by the moving company?
- Does the moving company require any deposits to set up a move? Is the deposit refundable if you have to cancel your move for any reason?
- Can they claim as My Guys Moving that they have been rated the best mover in Richmond 8 years running?
Helpful ContactsMy Guys Moving & Storage of Richmond encourages you to select a licensed moving company with certified and trained employees. Find out if the mover is a member of the American Moving & Storage Association, a trade association representing the interest of the domestic and international moving and storage industry. Members abide by terms of published tariffs and participate in AMSA’s arbitration program. The following organizations may be of assistance in answering additional questions:
- American Moving & Storage Association
- Better Business Bureau
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration