Long Distance Moving
Check Out the Brochure
Are you getting ready for an out of state move? Whether you’re moving for a new job, moving to be closer to family or you simply want a change of scenery, My Guys Moving & Storage provides sterling service on any long distance move to or from Richmond. Rated as the #1 Mover in Richmond by the Times-Dispatch and with more than 25 years of professional experience, we are confident our movers will exceed your expectations, giving you a simple, safe and stress-free long distance move.
It is often said it takes 10 years to master a craft. Well, at My Guys we’ve more than doubled that benchmark and we have simplified the out of state moving process for our customers. Whether you need help with packing, loading, unloading, or have specialty items to move such as pianos or gun safes, contact My Guys, a long distance mover that will make moving out of state feel like a move down the street.
How to Have a Successful Long Distance Move
An out of state move can be made a lot easier when you hire the right professional mover, but it still requires a great deal of planning and organization to be successful. At My Guys Moving & Storage, we’ve made preparing for your move easy and efficient. We put our decades of experience to work for you by compiling a list of helpful long distance moving tips. We will also help you find moving boxes and will help you pack everything to avoid any damage to your belongings en route to your new home.
What to Expect During Your Long Distance Move
We provide the following services to all customers moving out of state to or from Richmond:
- Exact Price of Your Long Distance Move – A fully-furnished room typically weighs between 1,000-1,200 lbs. We weigh all of your belongings using a truck scale and put those numbers through a state tariff system to determine an exact price for your move.
- Packing, Loading & Unloading – From the time you get your quote until the last box is unloaded, we stay by your side for a stress-free long distance moving experience.
- Extra Padding – We provide the best packing materials to wrap all of your belongings and specialty items.
- Custom Out of State Moving Plans – Our long distance movers work closely with you to create a moving plan tailored to you and your family.
Long Distance Moving TipsWhen you’re moving out of state, it’s important to be prepared and get good advice. That’s when it comes in handy to have a trusted professional long distance mover on your side. We have more than 25 years of moving and storage experience and we put it to work for you by offering great advice from our knowledgeable moving coordinators. When My Guys Moving & Storage handles your move, you’ll get all of the long distance moving advice you’ll need for a stress-free move. Here are just a few things to remember when moving out of state:
- Make sure to have utilities set up at the new house before you start your long distance move.
- Pack a bag for each member of your family containing anything you might need immediately after moving. This way, there’s no hurry to unpack.
- Downsizing can help reduce clutter before a long distance move and make packing and unpacking easier.
- Keep a well-managed moving calendar and plan everything you’ll need to do before you move out of state
Out of State Moving Resources
As an interstate agent for Stevens Van Lines, we can move you anywhere in the country. Stevens has more than 110 years of experience and contacts across the country, and we offer the benefits of this partnership on any out of state move. Your belongings are safe when you choose My Guys Moving of Richmond! Fill out our form and get a free long distance moving quote today!
We require a security deposit to secure the date and time of your local move. For your convenience we accept checks, cash, and any major credit or debit card, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
These are some very rough estimates of what your move might cost, based on the type of move and number of rooms that you’re moving. For a more accurate estimate, give us a call at My Guys Moving & Storage, Richmond, VA (804) 744-2400!
*Intrastate – this is a move within the state of Virginia, with greater than ~40 miles between the origin and destination